Friday, April 29, 2011

royalty

Happy Queen's Day!

In order to celebrate the birthday of the Dutch queen (actually the Dutch Queen's mother, and even that may be wrong. My recollection fades. Someone was born, at some point in the past, and celebrations are due), I will be selling some of my possessions on a rug in front of my apartment. I expect that no one will have any clue what I am doing, for several reasons. Reason the first, I live in the united states. Reason the second, there is little through traffic. Reason the final, I have few possessions to sell. I can probably spare a pair of socks or two, or an old red shirt I still have despite it being full of holes. I was given a toothbrush at a recent dentist appointment, which I will endeavor to sell also. It is still sanitized, sealed in plastic, for the epidemiologists who may be reading. So, on my rug with shirt, sock, and toothbrush, I will pass the time this afternoon, hawking. Trimming the ascetic fat from years of accumulation. Perhaps I'll even make a sign.

wish me luck,
walter